Unacceptable, I know.
It has been forever and a day since I’ve blogged, which is something I am in the process of correcting.
Today is just a little note saying “hi! Don’t forget about me!” And to update you briefly on a few things, bullet-point styles:
– I’m sitting (uncomfortably) at 38 weeks + 2 days pregnant. Which, if you remember from my 34-week pregnancy update, is just outside the cusp of when my midwife predicted I’d go into labour. Sooooo…. any minute now?? Hello? Bueller??
– The IKEA dresser is done! HUZZAH! It still smells like an IKEA dresser – which is to say, not great – so I have to find a way to make the drawers baby-clothes friendly before I load them up. Any tips??
– Bee is doing so great. She’s growing smarter by the second, and just the other day crawled onto my lap, lifted my shirt and screamed at my belly, “BABY! COME OUT NOW!” I wonder where she got that from… heh…
– We’re getting a new car! Upgrading our Forester to a new model that is super safe and will make me much more comfortable in when driving around 2 small children, especially with a potentially crazy winter looming….
– During this writers block funk, I have actually done a bit of writing! PercyVites, a super fun website that allows you and your child to create 3D video greetings, recently asked me to contribute a piece to their blog, PercyViews! My first time contributing to another site!! I had to do it! And of course I had to think of something that was relevant to my life at the moment, so I wrote a short bit on preparing your toddler for the new baby! Here’s the link, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it 🙂
– In not so exciting news now: we had a bit of a scare. Again. At my 37-week positioning ultrasound last Friday, to make sure that Pelé is head down – the tech picked up that my amniotic fluid levels were on the very low side of normal. Still within the normal range, but just kinda super low. UGH. Since then I have had two other scans, the first measured the levels the same as the previous one. Which, my midwife said, would mean if it dropped any lower, would mean I would have to be induced. Totally not on my birth plan. But thankfully, yesterday’s showed that the levels had gone up! I have no clue why or how that happened, but it means no induction! Well, for now. I go back next week for a follow-up ultrasound to make sure they haven’t dropped again…. but I’m really hoping I have this kid on my own before then.
– I’ve decided to put #ASKAMAMA Monday on a bit of a hiatus as we prepare for this baby to arrive. I LOVE doing them – it’s so much fun getting to know different Mamas and seeing what kind of questions come in for them to tackle – and having a soft deadline for myself has been really great for my spirits. Being a SAHM has been something I’ve struggled with a bit, so pushing myself to get the videos out every Monday has made me feel really good. Even though, yes, I know I still owe you all the last from Kat Armstrong! And I am slowly working on it! Unfortunately this writing funk has spilled over into an editing funk, but I’m working on it! I really am!!
So, yep. That’s about it for now! I’m starting to feel the tingles back in my fingers, and will be back on this bandwagon for reals, real soon.
And in the meantime, here’s a super cute picture of Bee givin’ the bump some love for you all to enjoy.